The monsoons have hit the Indian shore and it calls for some happiness after months of reeling under sultry & humid weather conditions. While monsoons might bring some respite from the unbearable heat of the summers, it also brings along some cleaning and maintenance regime that you would need to follow in your home to keep it clean and dry throughout the rainy season.
- Check for the Drainage System: Before shifting to your new apartment, you must ensure that its drainage system is intact. You must check for the installation of the proper rain gutters and downspouts that would drain the excessive rainwater. This precaution is vital as if too much of water gets accumulated in the drainage pipes or cracks on the walls, then it would cause the walls to swell up. This would undermine the overall appearance of your brand new apartment.
- Look Out for Any Cracks: The rainy seasons are the time to remain extra cautious about the exteriors as well as the interiors of your home. If you are yet to shift to your new apartment, then you must ensure that there are no visible cracks on any corner of the house. You can check out the exterior portion of the windows as well to ensure that no water accumulation could take place in those areas. This would prevent the formation of molds into the apartment walls and corners.
- Stop the Inflow of Termites: The humid weather conditions of the monsoon are a perfect time for the termites to grow and expand their population. Their favorite places tend to be the furniture items and wooden racks. Therefore, before the onset of monsoons, you should get all your furniture items polished properly to prevent any termite growth in them. In addition to this, you can place neem leaves, cloves, or camphor in these areas to keep away the termites and insects.
- Take Care of the Dampness: Due to excessive moisture, the wooden substances and window sills tend to accumulate the moisture and thus swell up. To prevent the same, you can make use of wax to seal the furniture items. To eliminate the moisture from the carpets, try to vacuum them at least once a week. You must also ensure that all the gaps between the bathroom tiles are sealed properly. It is best recommended to remove the expensive carpets and rugs to be stored temporarily during the monsoon season. You can replace them with bamboo mats or acrylic carpets.
- Eradicate the Smell of Dampness: Now, if you have just shifted to your new apartment, you would not want to be welcomed by the smell of dampness all around. This is quite common during the monsoon season when the rains fall ceaselessly. To bring a positive and refreshing vibe to your brand new apartment, you can bring home some sweet scented candles with famous flavors like lavender and peppermint for that heavenly feel.
If you are planning to shift to your new apartments in Yelahnka, then these monsoon care tips would help you out for a smooth shifting